portrait & engagement sessions
Where do your sessions take place?
- All sessions take place on-location. Depending on your taste (and the weather), they can be either indoors or outdoors, at all different kinds of places - your home, parks, fields, industrial and rustic locations are all great. I always prefer natural light, but have flashes and strobes if needed. For engagement sessions, I always suggest a place that has meaning to the both of you.
If we have an outdoor session and weather is not great, can we reschedule?
- Yes! We will just reschedule to another day that works best for the both of us!
For newborn shoots, do you supply props or do we?
- Every client of mine has different taste. I keep a wide variety of rugs, blankets, baskets, headbands and other accessories, but you are more than welcome, and encouraged to use any props that may be meaningful to you and your little one.
When is the best time to get maternity and newborn pictures done?
- Maternity between 32-36 weeks.
- Newborn, first two weeks of life.
What should we wear?
- Express yourself! I always recommend wearing neutral colors and patterns are great as well. You can color coordinate a bit with anyone else in the photos, but for the best photos I would suggest staying away from matching outfits. On the other hand, I do not recommend wearing shirts with graphics and lettering all over because it is a distraction.
What is the best time of day for our session?
- Best time of day is early morning or late afternoon/evening time (magic hour). This will provide the best natural light for your photos.
How does payment work?
- I ask for a 50% non-refundable retainer to reserve your session date.
Do you customize packages?
- All three of my wedding packages are pre-designed, but if you don’t see something that fits your needs, we can then customize for you!
Do you charge a travel fee?
- Yes. Once I go over 50 miles one way to your wedding location, I charge a travel fee of .53 cents per mile.
Do you do destination weddings?
- Yes! I just ask for travel (whether it be car/flight) to be paid for along with hotel and rental car fee if
What if we have already had our engagement photos taken or don't want them done?
- All engagement sessions are complimentary with all three of the wedding packages that I offer. I highly suggest doing the engagement session, even if it’s for 30 minutes! An engagement session is one of the greatest investments you will make when planning your wedding. They are the perfect opportunity for us to get to know each other, and for you to become comfortable in front of my camera before your big day. You can pick a location that has meaning to the two of you.
How does payment work?
- I ask for a 30% non-refundable retainer to reserve your wedding date. The final balance is due 10 days before your wedding day.
Do you provide videography?
- No, just photography only. But, I can happily refer you to professional, excellent videographers that I know!
business & details
What are your payment options?
- Cash, Check or PayPal
Are you insured?
- Yes, I am insured! I can also provide a certificate of insurance to your wedding venue if needed. I request for you to let me know 2 months prior so I have the time to contact my insurance company and they can provide me with the document. Feel free to have your coordinator contact me via email for this request as well.
Do you set up any payment plans?
- Only offered for the baby bundle and wedding packages if necessary.
What kind of equipment do you use?
- I use the top of the line, professional Canon + Sigma equipment.
Please feel free to email me with any additional questions you may have!